Saw this drink recipe late last week over on Good Things Catered.
This weekend, being hot and summery like it was, seemed to be the perfect opportunity to try it. I will admit that I have never had a regular mojito. I’m not much into club soda-based drinks, so I never had a reason to like it. But with watermelon? Sounded good.
Overall, we liked it. I had a little bit of a “consistency” problem with it, though. Muddling the limes and the mint together gives you a little bit of pulp, which I hate. Also, dumping the limes and leaves right into the drink… I don’t know, I felt like I was constantly trying not to eat a whole mint leaf. But who knows, I may have done something wrong. And again, I’ve never had an actual mojito, so I’ve never experienced anything quite like this! But it was a refreshing drink and had good flavor.
-2 ripe large limes, washed and cut into 8 slices each
-4 sprigs mint, washed and leaves removed
-1/4 c. sugar
-3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
-1 ample c. clear rumice
1. In bottom of cocktail shaker, muddle limes, mint leaves and sugar until completely dissolved and combined.
2. Add lime mixture to pitcher with ample amount of ice.
3. In bowl of blender, add watermelon and blend until liquefied, about 30 seconds.
4. Add watermelon juice to pitcher.
5. Add rum to pitcher and stir to combine well.
6. Adjust taste to liking and serve over ice. (We ended up blending about 2 cups more watermelon and adding it into the drink for a little more melon flavor.)
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.