This is actually a meal Michael and I have been making for years. We used to throw this one together when we were still in college.
It’s a nice pasta meal, and it’s light. Very good for you. Some people might think it’s a little bit bland, but give it a try and see what you think… we obviously like it!
We lost our recipe (it was actually a card that came for free in the mail one month), so we just wing it. Tonight, I paid closer attention to how much stuff I was putting in it so I could share it with all of you. This is a very simple meal to make on a weeknight. Fast and easy!
Chicken & Vegetable Pasta
- 1 lb. angel hair or thin spaghetti (I use Barilla Whole Grain)
- Approx. 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4-1/2 large onion
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of frozen sliced carrots
- 3 good size broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size florets
- Olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) can of chicken broth (I use fat free, low sodium)
- 1/2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
1. Drizzle olive oil into large skillet. Throw in 1 clove of minced garlic. Add chicken and onion, and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is lightly browned. Remove contents to a plate covered with paper towel to drain. Set aside.
2. Begin to boil water for pasta.
3. In skillet, drizzle a little more olive oil and add remaining clove of minced garlic. Add frozen carrots and stir fry for 6-8 minutes. Add broccoli florets and stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste). Add chicken and onion pieces back into the skillet. Stir to combine all ingredients. Cook pasta in boiling water. Continue to cook chicken mixture until carrots and broccoli are tender, spooning broth over them as they cook through.
5. Serve chicken and vegetable mixture over hot pasta. Spoon some broth over pasta when serving. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 12 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 4 days ago