I was so happy this weekend… I had time to cook and bake! For fun!
I’ve made somewhat of a Dorie Greenspan “pact” with a group of internet friends. Every couple of weeks, someone picks a recipe out of Baking: From My Home to Yours, and we all make it and share our results. It’s fun because everyone makes little changes to the recipe based on their likes/dislikes, what they had in their pantry, etc.
This time, the choice was Dorie’s Applesauce Spice Bars, and I couldn’t have been happier. Perfect time of year to make something like this, and with such awesome ingredients, it was difficult to see how this recipe could possibly go wrong.
And, as expected… it didn’t. These were wonderful! (And pretty easy when it comes to Dorie.)
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 17 hours ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 1 day ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 2 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 2 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 4 days ago