After the feast that was yesterday’s Thanksgiving dinner (and dessert), we wanted to make something simple and “light” for dinner tonight. We have another day of eating scheduled for tomorrow (technically our Thanksgiving celebration with Michael’s family), so we needed to take it easy.
Chicken noodle soup was the perfect solution. Another very simple recipe, and it’s tasty, too. We always make a big pot so that we have leftovers to bring for lunches at work, and to have for dinner again.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 16-20 cups water
- 12-15 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb. small pasta (we used Barilla’s Ditalini)
- 1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables
- Extra vegetables, if desired (we added additional carrots and peas)
1. Start off with 16 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add 12 bouillon cubes and dissolve. Add diced onion, and raw chicken breasts. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
2. Remove chicken breast pieces from pot. Allow to cool. Shred chicken.
3. In pot, add frozen mixed veggies and any additional vegetables. Return shredded chicken to pot. Bring broth back to a boil.
4. Add pasta. Cook according to time on package. At this point, judge how much broth you have. If some of it has cooked off, or you don’t have enough broth for your pasta/chicken/veggies, add up to 4 additional cups of water and up to 3 additional bouillon cubes.
5. Once pasta is cooked, reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to eat. Serve hot with toast or sandwiches.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 17 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 5 days ago