After tackling the cupcake bites a couple of times, I figured the famous Oreo truffles would be easy. And while still time consuming, they did take less time (less steps!).
I followed the “alternate” recipe (uses condensed milk instead of cream cheese), which allows the truffles to be kept at room temperature. I chose to dip half of the truffles in milk chocolate, and half in white chocolate. Then I drizzled them with colored candy melts.
I made these tonight so we can take them with us for a New Year’s party tomorrow night.
(Source: Kraft Foods)
- 1 package (1 lb., 2 oz.) Oreo cookies
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk OR 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 lb. milk chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 lb. white chocolate candy melts
1. In food processor, grind Oreo cookies until completely crushed.
2. Place crushed cookies into a large bowl. Add condensed milk or cream cheese, stirring until combined. The cookie crumbles should all be moist so that they easily stick together.
3. Shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Lay cookie balls on cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place into freezer for a few minutes to harden.
4. Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate, and return to wax paper to dry. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or candy melts for decoration (if desired).
If you use the cream cheese version, truffles must be kept in the refrigerator. Recipe yields approximately 30-50 truffles, depending on size.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.