Three weeks to the day after we mailed in our passport applications, I received mine in the mail today.
Just mine for now–we’re still waiting on Michael’s. Mine was faster because it was a renewal, while Michael’s was a first-time application.
And apparently our DIY passport photos were approved just fine, which was a relief. (I was just a teensy bit worried.)
The new passports are weird. Instead of having the photo and information on the inside of the front cover, it’s on the back of the first page. So it’s paper thin, and the photo isn’t actually pasted in there–it was clearly scanned in and printed directly on the page. According to the paperwork that came with my passport book, it also has a computer chip embedded in it somewhere so that it can be scanned to reveal all of my information. Ah, the wonders of modern technology.
I’m now free to move about the
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 2 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 3 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 4 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 4 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 5 days ago