OK, so that whole “blog through our vacation” thing didn’t work out so well this time. Really, it was for a number of reasons:
1) Our internet access was somewhat limited. We had a few connectivity problems in Seattle, and then in San Francisco, the hotel wanted to charge us $12.95/day for internet access. And that sooo wasn’t going to happen.
2) We were sooo busy. We really worked ourselves quite hard this vacation. Lots of places to go, things to see, etc. so when we were back at the house or hotel, I spent my time relaxing instead of blogging.
3) We forgot our camera cord, so we weren’t even able to transfer photos. Whoops.
4) Quite frankly, I was lazy about it. I guess it was kind of nice to take a break from it in a lot of ways. Now, however, I’m sort of regretting it. SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!!
I ask you to bear with me this week, as I’m going to attempt to go back and recap our vacation day by day. You’ll (hopefully) see lots of back-dated posts from me over the next few days. So, if you read through a reader of some sort, the posts should pop up for you as normal. But if you read right here on my blog, you’ll want to scroll down past this post for the next few days to see my vacation updates. I’m going to do my best to get caught up as soon as possible, but my dad gets into town for a visit tomorrow, so I’m not sure how much time I’m going to have. We’ll see how it goes!
To give you a very short overview, we had a wonderful time, but we found that it was more of a “go-go-go” vacation instead of a truly relaxing one. Of course, we enjoyed not having to cook, or clean, or do any of the daily grind things–so in a lot of ways, it WAS relaxing–but I’ll admit that the last couple of days in San Francisco? Completely exhausting. We sort of hit a wall.
We took the red-eye home this morning, and needless to say, we didn’t get a lot of sleep. Today, we are zombies. We’re hoping this helps us avoid any kind of West-to-East-Coast jetlag, because it’s back to work tomorrow.
Anyway, did ya miss me?! ;)
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 7 hours ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 12 hours ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 2 days ago
- Best buds instagram.com/p/ZZR80LB-8y/ 2 days ago
- First time with her own ice cream cone instagram.com/p/ZZB4zgB-1R/ 2 days ago