One year ago, I woke up to my wedding day. And two seconds later, when it was all over, we had lived the best day of our lives, and we were married.
It’s been a year. Wow.
While on the one hand, it feels like an accomplishment–an anniversary! a milestone!–On the other hand, I know that this is just one year out of many, many more. We have so much to look forward to in our future.
We will certainly be celebrating today. But we’ll also be celebrating again within the next couple of weeks at home. We have anniversary cake to eat, and toasting flutes to drink champagne out of, and a unity candle to burn. We may even go back to our reception venue for dinner.
And so begins the celebration… :)
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 1 day ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 1 day ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 2 days ago
- Best buds instagram.com/p/ZZR80LB-8y/ 2 days ago
- First time with her own ice cream cone instagram.com/p/ZZB4zgB-1R/ 3 days ago