Well, I told you I was going to do it. And I followed through.
Today was the day. I officially chopped my hair.
(Before, and after. Pardon my cheesy self-portraits in the mirror. And it’s a weird coincidence I wore red shirts two days in a row. Don’t mind me and my matchy-matchiness.)
I must say, I’m loving it. When I first sat down and he chopped off the ponytail, it was like I immediately felt lighter! Amazing. Then I got my highlights, and sacrificed another inch or two to styling. And tada! Final product. It feels so weird to run my hands through it. It’s going to feel even weirder to wash it tomorrow morning.
Here’s me with my ponytail (I think he ended up cutting between 8″ and 9″ off) for donation:
I was ready for a change, and well, I got one!
I wonder if they’re going to recognize me at work tomorrow…
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 13 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 5 days ago