One of our most favorite things about fall and our frequent apple picking (and one of the reasons we go through so many apples!) is THE APPLESAUCE.
We started making our own a few years ago, and it RUINED store-bought applesauce for me. Like, completely. I can’t even eat the stuff now. Anyway, prior to making it myself, I never realized how easy it is to do.
And it is just SO good. We like to leave it a little bit on the chunky side. I also like to heat it up in the microwave for a minute or so before eating. Tastes like a sinful dessert, but in reality, it has no added sugar! That’s right–just apples, cinnamon, and a little bit of water. Doesn’t get any easier than that!
Here is the “recipe”:
At this point, I stir in a healthy dose of cinnamon, and tada! Done. Let it cool before moving it into storage containers. Store in the fridge.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 2 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 3 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 4 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 4 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 6 days ago