I suppose it is fitting, given it is December 1.
I suppose I should feel grateful that it is so late in the season, and until now, I hadn’t yet seen a single snowflake. And I guess it looks pretty. I can appreciate that.
But man, oh man… where did summer go? It is unbelievable how time flies. I know we just had Thanksgiving, but it’s December? Whaaat? Really?
In the land of four seasons, we have fall to prepare us for winter, but still, I have trouble coming to terms with the fact that it’s time for winter coats, gloves, boots, and snow shovels. Bitter winds, icy sidewalks, salty roads. Leafless trees, lifeless grass, gray skies.
The few hours of precious daylight afforded to us are spent inside offices, artificially lit by fluorescent lights. Perhaps what is most daunting is knowing that now that snow and cold are here, they are here to stay… all the way through March.
I can appreciate that.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 1 day ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 2 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 3 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 3 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 5 days ago