We never get to celebrate my dad’s birthday with him. But when we found out that he’d be driving up to visit for the weekend to be able to attend Hunter’s first birthday party, it dawned on me that we’d be only a few weeks shy of his 60th birthday. And, if you ask me, 60 is well worth celebrating.
All of us kids always go out to dinner with my dad when he’s here, so we told him that the plans were as normal, and I made reservations at a local restaurant for Friday night. What we didn’t tell him, however, was that dinner would be in celebration of his birthday. It was really casual, but he was really surprised when I showed up with balloons and gifts and told them they were for him!
Despite some extremely bad service, we had a good time and enjoyed the food. Of course, Hunter came along as well–sporting a brand new “big boy” haircut!
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 1 day ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 2 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 3 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 3 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 5 days ago