For all of you who curse me on a regular basis because of all of the yummy and (sometimes) not-so-healthy recipes I post… this one is for you.
Because y’all, I have good news. Snickers Pie?… is a Weight Watchers recipe.
I came across this gem way back in 2006, during my Weight Watchers days. I made it a few times and it was always well-received because it’s pretty scrumptious for being relatively “good” for you. A few years back, I whipped it up for Mother’s Day, when we hosted both of our mothers over at our house for dinner.
Well, my mother-in-law hasn’t stopped talking about it since. :) Unfortunately for her, I don’t repeat recipes very often (especially not dessert ones!) because there are always so many that I want to try, and have limited opportunities to do so. But when we made plans to go to my in-laws’ for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate Mother’s Day, I knew I just HAD to finally give into her requests to make this again. She’s going to be sooo happy.
This is amazingly easy to whip up. It can be made in advance, but you can always throw it together last minute should you need a dessert in a pinch.
Somehow, frozen yogurt + pudding mix + cool whip + peanut butter + Grape Nuts cereal, of all things = something that tastes strikingly similar to a frozen Snickers bar. Don’t ask me how or why… just call it a foodie miracle. Then go and make some for yourself.
(Source: Hungry Girl)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 small box fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter (chunky)
- 3 oz. Grape Nuts cereal
- Hershey’s Lite Chocolate Syrup, for drizzling
1. Microwave peanut butter for 20-30 seconds to soften it enough to stir easily.
2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate syrup), and mix together well. Pour into 8″ dish. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
3. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Jazz it up with a few extra dollops of whipped topping, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
4. Freeze until ready to serve. Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 16 hours ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 1 day ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 2 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 2 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 4 days ago