At one of our local farmer’s markets, there is a vendor that sells homemade pasta. They have a bunch of different “flavors” of pasta, including a cracked pepper variety. They also hand out recipes to go with the pastas, and this recipe is intended for the cracked pepper flavor. However, we’ve made it with both the specialty pasta and regular fettucine, and it’s delicious both ways, so I figured I’d share!
The lemon, parsley, and crushed red pepper mixture doesn’t seem like a lot, but it coats quite a bit of pasta, and the caramelized cauliflower helps give everything plenty of flavor. This is light and delicious, perfect for a summer evening.
Fettucine with Caramelized Cauliflower
(Source: Farmer’s Market Vendor!)
- 1 lb. fettucine
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, for topping
1. Start pasta water and preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Toss cauliflower in 2 tbsp. olive oil and spread out on an olive oil greased baking sheet. Season with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Roast cauliflower in oven on top rack for 16-20 minutes or until browned.
4. In food processor, combine parsley, lemon zest, and 2 tbsp. olive oil to make a chunky “sauce.”
5. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss the cooked pasta with the cauliflower, parsley mixture, and red pepper flakes in a serving bowl.
6. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 2 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 3 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 4 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 4 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 6 days ago