The time has arrived! At 32 weeks pregnant with only 8 (maybe?) weeks to go, it is time to announce the start of the Heather Drive Baby Pool. And, we figure that a contest surrounding the birth of our baby is the perfect time to do our very first giveaway. In other words, if you make the best guesses? There are *prizes* to be won. :)
So here’s the deal: Hop on over to our Heather Drive Baby Pool page on Expectnet.com and enter your guesses for our baby’s sex, birth date and time, weight, and length. We’ll leave it open to new entries until 9:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday, August 22, at which point the contest will be closed. (I’ll be 36 weeks pregnant at that time.) Then, all we do is wait for the baby to be born. After that, I’ll enter the baby’s stats into the system, and Expectnet.com will determine a winner based on all of your entries.
Now you’re probably wondering what you might win, right? Well, you’re in luck because it is super cute, people. Etsy seller Terrace Hill has agreed to sponsor this contest, and she’s offering one of her vintage aprons to the Heather Drive Baby Pool winner. Not only that, but I’m throwing in a copy of this Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes book. So you’ll have something to bake up in the kitchen AND you’ll look cute while doing it!
How cute? Well, just take a look at some of these Terrace Hill aprons…
Every girl needs an apron, right? Gah, there are so many adorable ones that it is difficult to choose a favorite! Click on over to Terrace Hill’s Etsy shop and take a look around, as the aprons are affordable and make unique gifts! And if you don’t end up winning the pool, perhaps you’ll still want to treat yourself. ;) Also consider becoming a fan of Terrace Hill Shop on Facebook so that you will be notified when new designs are added to the shop!
A couple of important things to note:
1) You do NOT need to register to enter a guess with Expectnet.com, so no worries. It is super simple! Enter on our Heather Drive Baby Pool page.
2) When you enter through Expectnet.com, YOU MUST ENTER A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS in the “A phrase or two describing how you know the parents” field. Otherwise, we will have no way of validating who “Karen” or “Anne” is and will have no way of contacting you to let you know you have won.
3) If you are determined to be the winner, you will work directly with Chadley at Terrace Hill to arrange shipment of your apron. Also, you must choose among Terrace Hill’s current stock of aprons at the time of the contest’s official end (i.e. when you are notified).
4) Only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
5) Make sure to enter a guess for ALL of the fields (sex, birthday, time, weight, height), otherwise you will be hurting your chances at winning!
6) The contest is open to all, whether you live here in the U.S., or outside of it. My international readers are more than welcome to participate! :)
7) Again, all entries MUST be entered into the Expectnet.com system by Sunday, August 22 at 9 p.m. EDT. The contest will be closed to entries at that time.
8) You’ll notice that Michael and I have entered our own guesses. We are just as clueless as all of you (we don’t even have any “feelings” about the sex of the baby), so we thought it would be fun to venture guesses of our own. However, please rest assured that we are NOT eligible to win.
Questions? Please ask in the comments. Also, if you just HAVE to know whether my pillow faces north or south in order to make your guesses, ask those types of things in the comments as well. ;)I’ll answer everything in the comments so everyone is privy to the same information!
A few basics: The due date calculated by my doctor’s office is September 18. The due date calculated based on my ovulation chart is September 19. I was 10 days early, and Michael was born on his due date. (Supposedly this stuff is supposed to help? HA!)
We look forward to your participation and seeing all of the entries come rolling in. Happy guessing!
AboutI'm Heather. I'm 31 and have been married to Michael for five years. Together, we have two beautiful little girls we love more than anything, and a miniature dachshund who drives us crazy. I'm a full-time working mom who has very little time for my own "stuff" these days, like home improvement, cooking/baking, cake decorating, and photography. Despite the team not making the playoffs since 1999, I'm STILL a Buffalo Bills fan, which I think speaks to my loyalty AND sense of humor. I can't wait to pick up the pace with travel again some day... you know, when we're done being ruled by tiny fists. Welcome to my blog.
Heather Drive Archives