Have I told you all about my love of potatoes? I’ll eat a potato in pretty much any form. I don’t think you can do anything to a potato that I wouldn’t like.
Still, one of the best ways to eat a potato is in its truest form–baked whole. We usually bake up a couple of potatoes as an easy dinner on a fairly regular basis, but just recently realized we hadn’t done it in a while. In preparation for a busy weekend and on a night when we didn’t have much time for cooking, we decided to bring the good ol’ loaded baked potato back into the rotation. And I’m so glad, because I think I had forgotten just how much I love them!
You can vary the toppings based on what you like, but our favorite way to “dress” them is with a little butter/margarine, broccoli, some shredded cheddar, and Bacon Bits.
This is not a complicated “recipe,” but I’ll include it just the same.
Loaded Baked Potato
– Russet potatoes
– Broccoli crowns (or frozen broccoli)
– shredded cheddar cheese
– Bacon Bits (or bacon, cooked and crumbled)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork or knife. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, rotating halfway through cook time.
3. Wrap hot potatoes in foil. Place them on the center rack of your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from oven. Remove from foil and place on plate. Cut them down the center, then top with a little butter. Spoon broccoli, cheddar cheese and Bacon Bits on top.
AboutI'm Heather. I'm 33 and have been married to Michael for seven years. Together, we have two beautiful little girls we love more than anything, and a miniature dachshund who drives us crazy. I'm a full-time working mom who has very little time for my own "stuff" these days, like home improvement, cooking/baking, cake decorating, and photography. Despite the team not making the playoffs since 1999, I'm STILL a Buffalo Bills fan, which I think speaks to my loyalty AND sense of humor. I can't wait to pick up the pace with travel again some day... you know, when we're done being ruled by tiny fists. Welcome to my blog.
Heather Drive Archives