Have I told you all about my love of potatoes? I’ll eat a potato in pretty much any form. I don’t think you can do anything to a potato that I wouldn’t like.
Still, one of the best ways to eat a potato is in its truest form–baked whole. We usually bake up a couple of potatoes as an easy dinner on a fairly regular basis, but just recently realized we hadn’t done it in a while. In preparation for a busy weekend and on a night when we didn’t have much time for cooking, we decided to bring the good ol’ loaded baked potato back into the rotation. And I’m so glad, because I think I had forgotten just how much I love them!
You can vary the toppings based on what you like, but our favorite way to “dress” them is with a little butter/margarine, broccoli, some shredded cheddar, and Bacon Bits.
This is not a complicated “recipe,” but I’ll include it just the same.
Loaded Baked Potato
- Russet potatoes
- Broccoli crowns (or frozen broccoli)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon Bits (or bacon, cooked and crumbled)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork or knife. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, rotating halfway through cook time.
3. Wrap hot potatoes in foil. Place them on the center rack of your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from oven. Remove from foil and place on plate. Cut them down the center, then top with a little butter. Spoon broccoli, cheddar cheese and Bacon Bits on top.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 6 hours ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 11 hours ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 2 days ago
- Best buds instagram.com/p/ZZR80LB-8y/ 2 days ago
- First time with her own ice cream cone instagram.com/p/ZZB4zgB-1R/ 2 days ago