Before I had a baby, I always heard parents talk about how their favorite moments with their children were in the mornings. Babies usually wake up in good moods, and everyone would say what a joy it is to go peek over the side of the crib and see a smiling baby to start their days.
Well, we don’t have the smiles yet, but there is still something special about starting the mornings with Nora. She’ll usually fuss or make noises, and I’ll peek over the side of my bed and see her in her Rock ‘N’ Play, all wrapped up in her swaddle, ready to get the show on the road. She’s wide-eyed, she’s alert, and she’ll stare at me in a way that seems like she knows me–she recognizes me as her mama.
I’ll change her diaper and feed her, and we’ll hang out and enjoy her awake time while lounging in our pajamas.
But my favorite part of the mornings with Nora?
BABY STRETCHES. Hands down.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 2 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 3 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 4 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 4 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 6 days ago