Maybe you already cloth diaper. Maybe you’re interested in trying it. Or maybe you’re not into it at all.
Any which way you lean, don’t discard this post! There is something for everyone; I promise.
I jumped into cloth diapering not really knowing how it would work out. I hoped we could do it, I was determined to do it, but I just wasn’t sure. When I started to do all of my research and was ready to buy, one of the online stores I chose to buy from was Abby’s Lane. And for every cloth diaper purchase I’ve made since building our initial stash, I’ve gone back to Abby’s Lane.
Things I love:
1. Abby’s Lane offers free shipping on every order, every day. There is no minimum purchase requirement. Want to try out ONE cloth diaper? Go ahead and buy just one; you won’t pay for shipping. I love that, because I absolutely loathe paying for shipping.
2. If you’re a member of their e-mail list, there is always a 5% off coupon code to use on every order (except for Ergo Baby products). While 5% may not seem like a lot, it is more than most cloth diaper retailers offer, and of course, every little bit of savings adds up!
3. Fast order turnaround and shipping. Most of the time, I receive my orders within several days of placing them. Even with the holiday last week, and the fact that the people at Abby’s Lane were bombarded with Black Friday orders come Friday–I placed an order late on Tuesday night, it shipped on Friday, and I received it today. I love that, because when I order something, I want it yesterday. :)
4. Great customer service. One time, I placed an order for a couple different kinds of pocket diapers in different colors. As it turned out, the inventory on their website was off a little bit, and one of the colors I had ordered was out of stock. Stephanie (the owner) e-mailed me right away to apologize and let me know that it was out of stock, requested that I pick a different color, and refunded me $2 just to make up for the fact that I didn’t get my first choice color. Not only that, but it’s easy to ask Abby’s Lane questions–and they answer them, too. Contact them by e-mail, through Facebook, or through Twitter, and they’ll get back to you quickly.
5. Inventory includes a wide variety of products–those involving cloth diapers, and plenty that don’t. All of the cloth diaper brands that I wanted to try are offered by Abby’s Lane. Not only that, but they offer many other fun products as well. BabyLegs, Pedipeds shoes, shopping cart covers, baby carriers, etc.
All in all, Abby’s Lane has been great to me. They are now my go-to online store for all things cloth diapering, and I’m just waiting for Nora to get some fat on her legs so I can order her very first pair of BabyLegs, because oh.my.gosh, so cute.
Because I love Abby’s Lane so much, they sent me a Blueberry One-Size Deluxe Cloth Diaper to review on my blog. I recently told you all how we’ve been using bumGenius and Fuzzibunz one-size diapers, but I was excited to have the opportunity to try out a third brand as well. I picked the “pink lemonade” pattern, and when it arrived, I immediately loved it just for the way it looks.
One thing I don’t care for with bumGenius is the colors–with the exception of their Artist Series they just released, all of their diapers are solid pastel colors. Booooring. Not so with Blueberry–they have many fun colors and patterns. It was difficult to choose just one!
As is the case with most (all?) pocket diapers, the Blueberry came with two inserts–a “newborn” insert, and a standard insert that is longer and more absorbent.
One thing I noticed right away is that the outside of the diaper shell is “silkier” than that of bumGenius or Fuzzibunz. The snaps are a little bit different, but the sizing mechanism is essentially the same as bumGenius–three snaps in the front allow you to “snap down” the diaper to the smaller sizes.
Overall, the Blueberry makes a great addition to our stash. We’re going to wait another several weeks before putting the finishing touches on our cloth diaper supply, and if it turns out we like the Blueberry as much as the bumGenius in the long run, we’ll probably order a few more of them to give some more variety to Nora’s diapers.
Now… Abby’s Lane has offered a $10 gift certificate to one lucky Heather Drive reader! If you aren’t into cloth diapering, don’t worry–as I mentioned before, Abby’s Lane offers other baby/children’s products as well. And if you don’t have children? Well, surely you must have someone on your Christmas list that does, right? :)
$10 Gift Certificate to Abby’s Lane
Please make sure to follow the entry instructions carefully. They’re not difficult, but you must follow the instructions in order to be eligible to win.
1. Visit the Abby’s Lane website and pick out an item that you would use the gift certificate toward if you were to win. (Please note that if you do win, you don’t HAVE to buy the item you choose.)
2. Come back here and leave a comment on this post, providing: your first name, your e-mail address, and a link to your chosen Abby’s Lane product. (To be eligible to win, you must provide all three of these things.)
Only one comment/entry per person. Giveaway open only to residents of the United States and Canada.
This giveaway will end at 8 p.m. on Friday, December 10. Entries left after the deadline will be ineligible to win.
One winner will be chosen using random.org. The winner will be announced on my blog and will be e-mailed notification of the win. Winner has 72 hours to respond to my initial contact, or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: Abby’s Lane provided the Blueberry Diaper at no cost to me, in exchange for my review of the product. However, opinions expressed within the review are my own. Abby’s Lane is also sponsoring the $10 gift certificate giveaway.
AboutI'm Heather. I'm 31 and have been married to Michael for five years. Together, we have two beautiful little girls we love more than anything, and a miniature dachshund who drives us crazy. I'm a full-time working mom who has very little time for my own "stuff" these days, like home improvement, cooking/baking, cake decorating, and photography. Despite the team not making the playoffs since 1999, I'm STILL a Buffalo Bills fan, which I think speaks to my loyalty AND sense of humor. I can't wait to pick up the pace with travel again some day... you know, when we're done being ruled by tiny fists. Welcome to my blog.
Heather Drive Archives