I hope that you all enjoyed your Thanksgivings! The family time, the EATING… it is so great. I love Thanksgiving. Now, let the Christmas shopping begin!
I figured I’d post a few recipes that made appearances on our Thanksgiving table this year. They’re a little bit different than your typical Turkey Day staples, so they’re worth sharing.
First is this delicious corn casserole. I’ve also seen this called “corn pudding.”
Michael and I first had this over a year ago, when we attended a birthday party at which I was hired as the photographer. Once my job was done, we were invited to eat with them–and part of the spread was this corn casserole. I wasn’t sure about it upon first glance, but one forkful and I was sold. With sweet corn, creamed corn, and corn bread flavors, how can you go wrong? And with only a handful of ingredients to throw together, this is seriously easy as well.
The original recipe from Jiffy calls for the casserole to be baked in the oven. But a few weeks ago, as we were planning Nora’s Baptism reception, I thought of this dish and wondered if it could be adapted to be cooked in a crockpot while we were all at church. A little Googling, and sure enough, I found a version for the crockpot. So now it’s even easier.
Perfect as a side dish for a dinner at home, or to take to a potluck gathering, this corn casserole is sure to be a hit with almost any crowd. The recipe below serves about eight people (which was perfect for our Thanksgiving gathering), but when we had Nora’s Baptism, we doubled it without any problems–we just made sure to cook in the crockpot for an extra hour or so.
Crockpot Corn Casserole
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1. Spray pot with non-stick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour in crock pot.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or cook on high 3-4 hours (cooking on high gives you a crisp ring around the outside).
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 10 hours ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 17 hours ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 3 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 4 days ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 5 days ago