Remember when I posted about our favorite “cheater” chili?
Well, now I’d like to introduce you to cheater WHITE CHICKEN chili. It is oh-so-delicious.
We never follow the directions on the box, as it always says to cook the chili on the stove, and we like to put ours in the crockpot so we can “fix it and forget it.” Plus, we add more ingredients (like beans and veggies). Sooo, I’ve included below our “recipe,” if you can call it that.
This chili is perfect to cook up on a cold winter’s night. Enjoy!
Cheater White Chicken Chili
(Source: Adapted from Carroll Shelby)
- 1 Carroll Shelby’s White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 lb. raw chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans
- 2 cups water
1. Cut raw chicken into strips.
2. Combine chicken + all other ingredients (excluding masa flour packet) in crockpot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
3. Remove chicken strips from crockpot and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to crockpot.
4. Add masa flour packet and allow chili to cook for an additional 30-60 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese on top.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 12 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 4 days ago