As our Western roadtrip vacation approaches, I have become a bit overwhelmed by it. It’s our first week-long vacation with a baby. It’s our first time taking a baby on such long flights. AND, this just so happens to be the most complicated, tiring itinerary we have ever planned for ourselves. (Did I mention WITH A BABY?)
We might be crazy.
I have high hopes that Nora will come through and be the flexible, easy-going, perfect kid that she is, but I have fears that all hell will break loose AND OH MY GOSH THERE IS A THREE HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE WHAT WERE WE THINKING GAH. Going to bed at 4 p.m. and getting up at 4 a.m. should be F-U-N.
I just keep telling myself that people have done crazier things. I know there are couples out there who take their kids anywhere and everywhere. Around the world, even. So if they can do that, we can handle a simple 3-hour timezone change, right? RIIIIGHT?
Survival tips are much appreciated. Please and thank you.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 12 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 23 hours ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 4 days ago