Nora’s first gift was letting him (us!) sleep in. Once we were up, though, she was ready to give him the present she had worked so hard on. (Well, with a little help from Mommy. But more on that gift tomorrow.)
She was very excited about the hot pink wrapping paper.
After her morning nap, she got dressed in a special shirt just for Daddy. And then we went to Grandma and Grandpa’s for dinner.
After we ate, Nora was happy to pose for lots of pics with Daddy. She was sure to ask him to model the hat she made for him at daycare on Friday–isn’t it pretty? It has her handprints all over it.
I always knew Michael would be a great father, but it’s wonderful to see him in action every day. I am so grateful that Nora has him in her life, and can’t wait to see how the father-daughter relationship continues to blossom between them. You know, before she disowns us during the teenage years.
Michael–Thank you for everything you do for Nora (and me). I’m so glad to have you as a partner in this whole parenthood gig! Happy Father’s Day!
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 13 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 5 days ago