God, I love this time of year. It is amazing how far sunny, warm weather goes toward improving my mood on a daily basis.
It’s not as difficult to get out of bed most mornings.
We sleep with the windows open and wake up to the sounds of birds chirping.
I kick off the covers and stretch in the cool, crisp air, inhaling it deeply through my nose.
It’s glorious. And don’t even get me started on how nice it has been to spend so much time outdoors. The finishing touches on our kitchen renovation have been pushed aside day after day as we find excuses to do things in the sun outside. Lawn mowing and garden planting, and trips to the farmer’s market and gardening center.
Not to mention the summer clothes for toddler girls that I get to break out of the closet.
Last weekend, we had Hunter’s birthday party, which was just a portion of a Saturday that was perfection. The weather, the agenda, the company we kept… perfection.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 18 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 1 day ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 1 day ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 4 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 5 days ago