I think I’m getting a little more comfortable over here.
Sure, I had to call in my web developer husband to rescue me from CSS a few times, but HEY, I’m making progress.
At some point, I might need to add some color all up in this joint, but I’m actually kind of enjoying the pretty simplicity right now. Call me crazy, but it’s actually quite calming. With that said, if anyone has any suggestions to spruce things up a little, by all means, let me know.
I’m still adding and subtracting features and widgets and plugins as I go, but I’m figuring it out. You may notice that things are already looking a bit different around here. Allow me to point out a few new features over here on good ol’ WordPress:
- You can now subscribe to the blog via e-mail, if you feel so inclined. For those who don’t use a reader, this is a good option if you want to be notified when a new post is submitted. I know from experience reading other WordPress blogs via e-mail that it’s not as glamorous–you can’t see photos unless you click through–but it sure is convenient, especially with a smartphone. The subscription form/button is in the sidebar (you have to scroll down a bit).
- I can reply to you, IN ORDER, in the comments! Threaded comments are a beautiful thing. You’ll notice that if you leave a comment and I want to reply to that comment (which I WILL more often now!), my response will be tucked in right underneath your original. LOVE THAT. For those who used to comment by signing in through Blogger, I’ll have to get used to your new names now. Weird!
- Speaking of comments, don’t be pissed at me if you see that your comment is held for moderation before it shows up. One thing about WordPress that I’ve noticed so far is that there are a lot more spam comments trying to get through. Moderation seems like a good option to deal with them. Your first comment posted here at the new Heather Drive will be moderated, but after you are an “approved” commenter once, WordPress should remember you and your comments won’t be held for moderation anymore.
- I’m trying to add fun things like Instagram and Flickr thumbnail feeds into my sidebar and footer, but am having trouble finding just the right plugins. Stay tuned for those.
- I actually have a blogroll! Yes, I read other blogs. No, it’s not as many as I used to. I have a really hard time keeping up these days. And I do read more than 10–hopefully I’ll be adding more blog links in the future.
- The format of the “bullets” feature over here doesn’t make me want to hurt someone, so yeah, I’m using them in my post two days in a row. I might be just a *little* excited about that. But carry on as you were.
That’s it for now, because well, that’s all I’ve accomplished so far. Ha!
Please let me know if you guys are still experiencing any 404 errors (page not found). I got a couple of them when testing the site this morning, but have been good for the rest of the day. I’m hoping that the errors were just bugs from the transition, which were supposed to be worked out within the first 48 hours… and we’re officially past that point, so fingers crossed.
If all goes well, I’ll be back to regular blogging tomorrow. And hopefully more frequently than as of late! :) Thanks for sticking with me through the move, and for your patience with any technical difficulties.
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- Holiday weekend morning snuggles with my girl instagram.com/p/ZsY85Fh-4r/ 2 hours ago
- Haven't seen her hair this curly in forever! instagram.com/p/ZrIlpTh-0g/ 13 hours ago
- BFFs wp.me/s2MaZz-bffs 21 hours ago
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 3 days ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 4 days ago