I posted back in early October about the Les Misérables movie and how I was anxiously awaiting its release so I could see it. Well, my mom and I went to see it a few days after Christmas, and I loved it. I couldn’t not come back here and sing its praises. I actually wish I had done it sooner while it was still more fresh in my mind, but here are my random thoughts.
And if you’re like me and can’t stop watching the clips and trailers, enjoy. :)
* I had no idea that the innkeeper was Sacha Baron Cohen until we were driving home and my mom mentioned it. Didn’t even recognize him. He was good, but I was kinda “meh” on Helena Bonham Carter as his wife. In the Broadway show that I saw, Madame Thénardier was a bigger, more “overpowering” personality and had a more “opera-like,” booming voice so for me, Helena Bonham Carter just didn’t live up to my expectations.
* I was surprised at how many details of the story I had forgotten in the years since I’ve seen the show. Nice refresher!
* It was long. In the last 20 minutes or so I will admit to feeling a little bit like OOOKAAAY. But that certainly wouldn’t stop me from watching this over and over again. Just from the comfort of my own couch. :)
Did you see Les Misérables? What did you think of it? Any favorite songs or parts of the movie? Favorite actors/performances?
AboutI'm Heather. I just turned 30. I'm happily married, and mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world (what, you're saying I could be biased?). Determined DIYer and homeowner. Sarcastic. A perfectionist. A bleeding-heart liberal. Frugal. Loves a little dog way more than many humans. Loves food, hates exercise (it's an ongoing battle). A loyal football fan. I love to laugh. Value family and friends above all else. Vie to be a world traveler.
- @minivanmomof3 So glad to "hear" this from you. A good update, even if not a full one. :) Congrats. 14 hours ago
- 28 Weeks: Lost Track of Time wp.me/p2MaZz-Dm 1 day ago
- Tractor ride with Grammy instagram.com/p/ZeDdl3h-_c/ 2 days ago
- Veggie garden 2013 - Day 1 instagram.com/p/ZdjZjth-28/ 2 days ago
- @merrypad Just now seeing these!! How funny! And cute! 4 days ago